The West Shore of Victoria
With everything so close at hand, you don’t need to be anywhere but here. You can relax…because you’re at home. Westridge Landing is close to a variety of amenities to suit your needs, from grocery and liquor stores to a bustling local artisian market in the warmer months.
- Recreation at your doorstep Whether you’re wanting to fit in a quick workout or have a long, luxurious soak in the hot tub, myriad recreational opportunities await you right across the street at Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre. Catch a Victoria Grizzlies game at the Bear Mountain Arena…and then take the elevator home.
- Read your way to work Enjoy the convenience of regional transit at your front door. Located on major transit routes to carry you downtown, to the airport or to UVic.
- Cut the Colwood Crawl With Legacy’s proximity to downtown, you’re there in half the time as the rest of the West Shore. Working at the Victoria General Hospital? This is your spot: Victoria General Hospital is an easy five-kilometre drive.
- Two-wheeled transit Who needs to pay parkade fees, anyway? Hop on your bike and cruise your way to work on the Galloping Goose. Twenty minutes of exercise; ten bucks in your pocket; two wheels; zero emissions. Now we’re talking.
- Walkability wow factor Running out to get something takes on a whole new meaning when you’ve got restaurants, shopping and services built right onto your block – not to mention a leading hardware store in your backyard. From yoga to hairstyling – and a convenience store for that occasional carton of milk – we’ve got you covered.
- Wilderness in the city Step outside. Now turn north. You’re a five-minute stroll from Mill Hill Regional Park with its fields of nodding wildflowers and stands of striking arbutus and Garry oak trees. Keep walking, or come back and pack the car for the five-minute drive to the sandy beaches and scenic waterside trails of Thetis Lake. Canoes and kayaks welcome!
- World-class education only moments away Why drive when the iconic Royal Roads University is only a ten -minute walk? With its world-class programs, acres of walking trails, a historic castle and the scenic Esquimalt Lagoon, it’s enough to make anyone want to go back for an MBA.
- On the edge of country living At Legacy, you’re in the urban hub, but only a stone’s throw from Metchosin’s rural beauty. Set aside a Saturday to explore the area’s potters, blacksmiths and other artisans. Explore the deliciously warm waters of Witty’s Lagoon, offering the best tidal exploration beach on southern Vancouver Island.
- The wild Pacific awaits A half-hour drive gets you to the Wild West Coast of Sooke and Port Renfrew. Pack a picnic lunch, your trail runners and your binoculars, because unparalleled vistas await you. (Pinch yourself: you live here.)
West Shore Recreation Centre
- Located immediately on the east side of the development
- The largest Recreation Centre in Greater Victoria
- Featuring two ice rinks, a regional library, sports fields, golf course, velodrome, lawn bowling, community pool, curling rinks
- 700 members
- Located within the West Shore Recreation Centre drawing many seniors to the neighbourhood
The Galloping Goose Trail
- A paved regional walking and cycling trail linking all the greater Victoria Communities
- Located immediately to the west of the development
MORE IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD:
Westridge Landing is optimally located in the core of downtown Colwood across from the West Shore Recreation Centre and Bear Mountain Arena. The Westridge Landing neighborhood lies within three short miles of the Greater Victoria General Hospital, Royal Roads University, Naden Military Base, the Great Canadian Casino and Olympic View, Royal Colwood, Highland Pacific Golf Course and Bear Mountain Golf Courses.
- Nearby Neighbourhood Centres: Colwood Plaza, Westshore, Goldstream Village, Eagle Crest (View Royal).
- A commercial centre lies immediately south of Westridge Landing. An open retail plaza lies west across Wale Road. The centre is anchored by Wendy’s Restaurant, Tim Horton’s and Co-op Gas Station.